add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Samsung 840 EVO firmware fix released.

zen1966

58 months ago

A bug was discovered with reads on old data for Samsung 840 EVO SSDs, but Samsung have released a fix.

Article here.

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 4 points

Thank you Zen for taking the time to post that for the community.

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points

Bump for those who missed it.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank You Zen !

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the heads up! It looks like my Samsung Magician software updated automatically.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the link

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I've tried everything but it still won't work on one of my computer's AMD chipset. Any help? I've done everything the Samsung manual says.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Read this Anandtech page, it mentions you may need to uninstall AMD drivers which replaces them with Windows drivers. If you have already done that, sorry, someone more knowledgeable than me will have to help. Remember it's Windows only at the mo', and you NEED that free space on the drive.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I tried that. I'll wait for the ISO tool to come out later this month.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I kinda like Samsung for doing this. With their Pro line as well as the 850 pro's release, I assumed they were gonna lessen the support for the previous lineup of products they released. The part that they acknowledge it and made a fix deserves an applause.

Sometimes I wish they venture off with building other stuff like RAM (again), a full-on motherboard, and maybe a full-on GPU that competes against Nvidia and AMD. So far, they've done a fair lot of things for the sake of customer satisfaction.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube