add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PROBLEM>> 1 SSD 128gb and 1 HDD 3TB!

xinner

62 months ago

i install the os to my SSD..

then i try formatting the HDD but it only recognize 2TB not the whole thing? how do you use the full 3TB hdd and just use the SSD for OS to BOOT..

please help me..

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 3 points

I'm only guessing here, but are you running Windows XP 64 as Your OS. if so, just upgrade to windows 7 64 and you should have full access, XP has a 2 TB limit, a lot like 32 bit OSes could only access 4 GB of system memory.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Im using Windows 8.1 oem as my o.s. Can you tell me how to do it.?

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

You need to change the HDD format to GPT in disk management.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I tried doing that.. But it is unclickable.. I wanna upload some pics but i don't know how..

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Check and see if there is a BIOS update for your motherboard to support 3TB drives. To upload pics, just use windows snipping tool and upload to an imgur album.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

http://imgur.com/a/s5PGa Try this if it works..

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

http://imgur.com/a/s5PGa Try this if it works..

Your link/image displays multiple partitions in the HDD. Configuring a hard drive as GPT requires the entire HDD to be empty/RAW.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

i see sorry abou that..

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean this is the pics i was able to get before leaving the house..how do you update your bios?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

...how do you update your bios?

• Procedure varies depending on the mobo/system. Refer to your mobo/system manual for steps required to update the BIOS.
  • Since you neglected to state brand and model of the mobo/system, refer to the mobo/system manufacturer's website to verify >2TB support.
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

sorry for late reply. my motherboard is ASUS maximus VII hero.. the SSD i used is samsung pro 128gb.. HDD is seagate barracuda 3Tb..

i could delete the HDD and go back to unallocated state.. but then i tried to convert it into gpt still unclickable..

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Everyone i was finally able to fully use the 3tb.. Thankz for everyone's help appreciate it much!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube