add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

2nd monitor or a TV?

Ogoodygoti4010
  • 67 months ago

I just recently built a P.C. and had a decent LCD Monitor the Dell S2009W to use for it. Now here's the thing since i have a GTX 650 (SC 2GB) that can support multi-display i was thinking of buying one this holiday season but should i get:

a) a monitor I'm thinking 22" with less than 2ms response time or b) a small 24" LED television for watching cable, movies when I'm not working on two screens?

Anyone been through this already or have an opinion?

Comments

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want TV support then go with the TV.

I'm not really sure the quality of the two being compared, but maybe go with whatever is cheaper. If you like the bigger screen as well, go with that.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Would gaming performance on the T.V. be drastically different?

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

It should be similar to gaming on a console with a TV. The response times could be pretty bad as a TV is generally for watching TV, not for pinpoint accuracy. If you are playing games on this new screen, go with a monitor.

This is a pretty cheap monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014377&cm_re=24%22_monitor-_-24-014-377-_-Product with a great response time. 1080p standard. Also comes with speakers, but you'd have to use an HDMI port to get audio as far as I know.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your suggestion if I buy a moniter I'm probably going to get BenQ or a Asus one If i decide to get the HDTV I'll probably go for a Samsung or Sony

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube