add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

£330/$500 X-mad CPU upgrade

MAOwarrior

63 months ago

I have around £330/$500 for a general CPU upgrade and want to know what others would buy? This is my current system http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/MAOwarrior/saved/yf7MnQ And this is what i managed to put together http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/MAOwarrior/saved/ttBFf7 The reason im upgrading is that the games im playing need a much better CPU and my graphics card is never maxed and is always help back by my CPU. Thanks for anyadvice.

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I say keep the same cpu, it will handle more than enough for gpu. Instead us the money for a better higher gpu instead like an r9 290 or a gtx 970. There is no point switching the cpu when its more than capable of handling it all especially for gaming. Also the sound from that sound card is about the same from the motherboard, if you really want great audio you will not get that from sound cards anymore. The last good sound card made was the creative titanium HD but those are almost nonexistent, if you really want a good sound go for a DAC instead.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah the motherboard has known problems with power distributiuon and noise when i plug a usb in, im not after audiophile equpitment its just to fix the sine wave i get when using the 5.1 interface

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

and i know i cant handle alot of cpu intensive games because things like titanfall and even world of tanks really struggle and the gpu sits at around 70% useage

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube