add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is this as good as it sounds?

hummerh1

58 months ago

Is the g.skill sniper series 1866 RAM as good as the specs show? With a speed of 1866 and a CAS of 9, it seems too good to be true!

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, it not bad at all. But, as just a head up for $5 more there is 1866MHz and a CAS 8 too. https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f314900cl8d8gbxm

Either one really, because my guess is both would run about the same just as stable.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow! I didn't see that one. Thanks :D I think I might have to go with the sniper series only because of clearance issues with the hyper 212 evo.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I just checked and I don't think it fits under a 212. However I just found this. Still has a CAS of 9, but a much higher speed! What do you think?

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Go for it. Sniper is solid ram. Not the best, but not low end either. It's made to be a high performance ram on a budget with a low profile. So exactly what you need.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

What would you say is the best?

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

That really depends on budget and purpose... I can't give a straight answer without that factored in

[comment deleted]
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

We are so far into ddr3 and now ddr4 that we ca make low latency with high speeds.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

And a low voltage ;)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube