add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help deciding: Kingston 240GB SSD vs. Sandisk 256GB SSD

chiphack

57 months ago

I'm leaning more towards Sandisk because of their rep, other than that I don't really know enough about either to decide... Any help? https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/compare/kingston-internal-hard-drive-sv300s3n7a240g%2Csandisk-internal-hard-drive-sdssdp256gg25/

Comments

• 57 months ago
  • 4 points

Sandisk. The v300 is very slow.

• 57 months ago
  • 3 points

I wouldn't recommend the V300.. I do like Kingston but the hyperX series

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I have had zero problems with my Sandisk.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Nowt wrong with Sandisk. V300 is slow for large data transfers, fine for everyday and gaming (might be a bit slower but you would be hard pressed to notice the difference) but do they really deserve our custom after the silent switch-over to asynchronous NAND?

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

They use the same controllers, but the SanDisk models tend to use better quality nand. They are one of the best nand producers across most types of storage media (especially true for micro sd)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube