add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

840 Evo or Intel 730 series

mercstealth

57 months ago

I am trying to decide between 2 ssd's. It is currently left between these two and they come in at the same price. I am either going to get: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-internal-hard-drive-mz7te250bw or http://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-internal-hard-drive-ssdsc2bp240g4r5

I would like to note I know there is a slight size difference, and that does not bother me. It will be put in either my desktop or laptop, I play a few games but by far mainly bf4 and currently I do not use it for any professional uses. Any insight in which one i should possibly look towards, any suggestions as fast as possible would be helpful.

Comments

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

SSD won't make a difference to game performance, just loading times. I would personally go with the 840 EVO since it uses TLC instead of MLC, but it is a pretty difficult decision. Comes down to what you want.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

The Intel 730 series was not designed for laptop use. Heat and energy consumption will be a factor. A review of Intel 730 available at AnandTech.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I ended up buying the 840 evo, a lot of my friends recommend i go with like a 850 pro or 840 pro but for the price difference it was a no brainier. For now this ssd will go in my desktop and in the future when I decide to upgrade I will most likely move the ssd to my laptop.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube