add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will I have clearance issues with the Cooler Master 212 EVO?

ndk

71 months ago

Hi all,

I've purchased all the parts from the following link to build my system: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ndk/saved/1Q29

I wasn't going to overclock for some time, so I never occured to me to buy an aftermarket cooler, but then someone brought up how much of a pain in the arse it is to remove the old cooler and clean off the existing thermal paste before putting in the new cooler.

I'm considering the 212 EVO because its very popular and relatively cheap.

My question is, will i have any clearence issues given the following hardware:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Videocard: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB

Will the cooler cover up more than 1 ram slot on that motherboard?

Will there be enough space between my PCI 16X slot and the cooler to fit my GTX 770 properly?

This is my first build, so any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube