add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

corsair h100i or nzxt kraken x60?

vegas825

78 months ago

i have a friend willing to sell me a brand new kraken x60 for $105 and was planning on getting that but i just saw a deal for the h100i for $80 on tigerdirect. which should i get? I believe I could find the h100i was about $100 before today so i thought the kraken would be worth the extra $5 but im not sure about an extra $25. i have a asus z87 pro and i7 4770k and planning on getting the gtx 770 as a part of my first build. any help would be appreciated thanks!

Comments

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't have the biggest experience with water cooling, but my friend has the h100i and he says it's amazing, but i prefer sticking with a Noctua nh-d14. Also, you have to take in consideration if it will fit in your case, is a chance of water leaks worth it? etc. Hope this Helped!

-Tyler

• 78 months ago
  • 3 points

i plan on getting the nzxt switch 810. my research says that both should be able to fit. also from my research i have only seen a few complaints of the h100i or x60 leaking so i think i am willing to take the risk. thanks for the reply!

• 78 months ago
  • 1 point

From reviews and graphs and research i would go with the kraken x60 if you can fit it. The difference between the h100i and kraken x60 is the kraken has 140mm fans and the h100i is 120mm fans. Here are the stats and comparison for base clock from guru3d

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nzxt_kraken_x60_review,11.html

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube