add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

another cooler master hyper evo 212 compatibility question`

Hammcd

74 months ago

this is my potential build... http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1c7wK

i have bought the ram and the case already...i plan on doing some mild overclocking of the cpu...maybe to around 4.1 ghz or so

can anyone tell if the cooler master will get in the way of the ram i have..ive heard this can be a problem with some cases and ram and motherboard combos

thanks in advance

Comments

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes they will be alittle tall and interfere, but not to worry because you can move the fans up on the heatsink to fit large RAM, it is so easy so dont worry, I had to do that with my CM hyper TX-3 and Corsair Vengence RAM.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you..do you happen to know if the cooler comes with a decent thermal paste?

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes it does

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Your G.skill Ripjaws X kit should work just fine with the hyper 212 EVO.

What's this for?

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

do you mean what is the computer for? if so its to replace the dell ive had for 7 years which is a dual core xps 420...i plan on using it for gaming and some 3d animation and rigging

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

Just wondering why the i7 and the 1866Mhz RAM. Instead of an i5 and 1600Mhz RAM. For animation an i7 makes sense though.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

also what is the xkit? the ram is in the mail so i havent received it yet to know what youre talking about

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

The RAM model is G.skill Ripjaws X, and a set of RAM modules is referred to as a kit. So a set of G.skill Ripjaws X RAM would be a G.skill Ripjaws X kit.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube