add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

AIO Liquid Cooler Setup

Casanova
  • 59 months ago

Hi,

So... I have a relatively simple question to ask.

I'm gonna use the NZXT Kraken X61 as my liquid cooling system inside the NZXT H440 case, and install it at the top of the case with its fans configured to exhaust (including the rear fan as exhaust and 3 intake fans at the front of the case, but I digress...).

My question is... if I configure the radiator fans to exhaust- would it be more efficient to install them at the top or the bottom of the radiator or would it make absolutely no difference (apart from aesthetics)?

Thanks.

Comments

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

I put my fans on the bottom, pushing through the Rad. I think pulling through the Rad might not get enough air due to it being in the way, when if you're pushing there's all that there is in the case. I don't know.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

That's exactly why I'm asking this. I also think it'd be more efficient to put the fans at the bottom of the radiator and have 'em exhaust the hot air through the radiator itself, than putting 'em at the top of the radiator and configure them to exhaust, simply because if I put them at the top they'd probably have a harder time exhausting the hot air out of the case because the radiator is in the way.

Actually, it does make sense... but then again, I don't know either.

lol

How are your temperatures, by the way?

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm using a Corsair H100i, so your temps will be a bit better, but at ~22C room temp my CPU temps are on average roughly 26C with minimal activity.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

So... I finished my build.

I installed the radiator at the top of the NZXT H440 case (fans are above the rad) with its fans configured to exhaust.

Something to note- Kraken fan speed is configured to silent mode (25% fan speed).

My CPU temps are ~30-35c when idle and ~40c under 10-15% load (MSI GTX 980 GPU is ~40c)... I guess that makes sense in my setup (3 front intake fans, 3 (1 rear, 2 top) exhaust fans)? I'm no expert.

I didn't start benchmarking this build just yet, tho.

What do you guys think?

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds about right. What temp is your ambient? My ambient is 22 and my 4690k idles at 25 -28c with swiftech h240x. But this is with adaptive voltage running at less than 1v. When it's under load it hits 60 plus.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably ~25c. Possibly even more.

I think my CPU temps are actually looking a tad better now, ~35c under 10-15% load and ~30c when idle, and ~50c under 50-60% load.

GPU temps are ~40c when idle and ~45c under 10-20% load.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube