add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Watercooling 120mm or 240mm?

Makmarian
  • 58 months ago

Im going to buy a gaming pc soon, and my local store dont offer 240mm (only 120mm) in the build they sell. (They sell builds where you can change some of the parts but not everything) Note: I have never build a pc before, so i dont know how to install the watercooling system. Anyways, should i buy the pc with the stock cooling and buy the 240mm later on (when i know how to install it), or should i just buy the pc with the 120mm?

Case im going to use "Corsair Graphite 760T"

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 3 points

I would just build the PC yourself. It's easy enough and allows you to pick all the components.

I would not go with a 120mm radiator, as they're more expensive and less effective than a good budget air cooler.

• 58 months ago
  • 3 points

Like FH100 said, build the PC yourself. You'll save money that you can use for components (Or just straight savings) and get to learn a little about computers in the process. All you need is a weekend and a bit of patience. Building a computer is like a puzzle with very few enlarged pieces.

I have the 730T and it's just a window-less version of the 760T, it's very easy to work in and quite user-friendly (When the damn front panel power button works and doesn't make you spend over a hundred dollars in travel expenses to sort out RMA crap because Corsair has had bad quality control).

If you REALLY don't want to attempt it because your life is very busy, NCIX offers a "Build it for me" service for 100$ CAD (I don't know if they do it in the U.S or what the price is, but I'm assuming it's the same). All you do is pick out the parts, buy them, and ask them to build it. Depending on what you want this may cost the same as a prebuilt or it may cost more. There are also private businesses that do this but they may or may not charge more and probably don't cover busted parts.

If you live outside of North America, I can't really help with retailers that'll do that but I'm sure there are some out there.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube