add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Arkwoman1990
  • 58 months ago

I was debating on liquid coolers cause i want to branch out from air coolers as some don't look good aesthetic wise and i know a majority of people talk about the Kraken, is there any issues with it? Like with pump failures and leakage?

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

There's always going to be a chance of pump failure or leakage. (That's why I love air coolers!)

Pump failures are going to most likely to happen either early on in the life of the unit or near the end (a "Bathtub curve"). Leaks will most likely happen during shipping before you get the unit or if you move the computer/computer has large forces applied on it.

For the most part, it's a quality unit. These guys know if they ship a cruddy unit, 3~4 of them will fail at once with people posting about it and, if they're lucky, have their whole line avoided and, if they're unlucky, their whole company avoided.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

It's one of the better ones. It's the only Asetek-built one I'd recommend.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Belated, my two bits:

The Kraken X61 has undoubtedly created quite a flutter!! Actually I was beginning to get impressed with the "Deepcool Gamer Storm Captain 360", but eventually found that The "Swiftech H240-X" is the king of them all:

1. http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Deepcool/Captain_360/6.html

2. http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/01/26/swiftech_h240x_cpu_liquid_cooling_aio_kit/3#.VW7BJ1L7KKq

Very useful & latest benchmarks..

[comment deleted]
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

i personally thought about getting the swiftech h220-x as i like the design and everything course i like the nzxt as well

[comment deleted]
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

i'll probably wind up getting the swiftech cooler, there is plenty in stock on the performance-pcs website

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube