add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I have a Coolermaster hyper 212 Evo, how much improvement would I get with Corsair H80i GT?

Droidriven
  • 59 months ago

Would Corsair H80iGT be enough of improvement to make it worth replacing my 212 Evo? I would like to have a 240mm water cooler but supposedly I can't use one with my case, so I'm looking for about the best 120mm cooler I can get, I would get the Noctua NH-D15 but it doesn't match my build, I have a 4790k that I am over clocking so I'm trying to cool as much as I can, I've thought about trying a 240mm cooler with my case, I could probably do it with some slim 120mm fans, I have 2 Jetflo 120mm fans mounted to the inside top of my case as it is with plenty of room, I'm thinking exteriorly mounting the rad would work. Any suggestions are welcome.

Comments

• 59 months ago
  • 2 points

Is it the colour of the DH15 that doesn't match your build? There are other fantastic dual tower coolers that don't have those brown fans. Phanteks, Cryorig, and Be Quiet!, to name a few.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want something like the NH-D15, but you don't like the look, I'd advise you to look at the Phanteks PH-TC14PE. There's a great looking black-and-white version, and it will perform better than the H80i, and similar to the D14 (not quite as good as the D15). The H80i isn't a fantastic cooler, so it won't be a really big bump in power from a 212 EVO.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, that's two suggestions for the phanteks PH-TC14PE that's good enough for me.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Good decision. Go ahead.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

120MM liquid coolers aren't worth it, they have terrible price to performance ratio's, they are out performed by $60 air coolers, I would recommend a Phanteks PH-TC14PE, it looks much better than the D15 and only cools about 1C worst.

• 59 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I'll check it out

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Would these work as replacements for the fans that come with the Phanteks PH-TC14PE?

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

What fans?

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes but it might be a little hard to mount with that rubber stuff on it.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

OK, I'm pretty resourceful, as long as they aren't too thick I can mount them, if I have to change how they mount I'm sure I can find a smart and attractive way to do it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube