add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cryorig announces hybrid cpu coolers

PureBlackFire
  • 60 months ago

Comments

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks like Cryorig is going all out trying to cover just about every aspect of CPU cooling... Wouldn't be surprised if they also had a hand in ASUS's "Poseidon" series GPUs that feature built-in water cooling hookups and standard air cooling.

Though, don't really see how effective this can be. It looks like the air heatsink is almost nothing... Or, maybe it is nothing and they're just blowing air around the CPU? A few words in that article are making me think this is not going to be much more than a stunt than an effective cooling method.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks to me like it's made more for cooling the motherboard, RAM, and heatsinks, than the CPU itself.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

... Now, correct me if I'm way off on this, but isn't that what case fans are for?

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Generally speaking, but for heavy overclocking (especially something like a 5960x,) sometimes the motherboard needs a little bit more directed cooling, so there are options like waterblocks for your RAM and motherboard.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Now, I'm not too into the high-end OC stuff, but isn't that for the... MOFSETs ? And the ... North/South bridge?

Have never heard of ram needing a water cooler... please, if there's a link, I have got to see what that looks like...

I was thinking about those cases which allow fans on the side panel to blow down on the MB...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube