add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

CPU cooler recommedations?

jdcyuen
  • 60 months ago

I am putting together a build using a Asrock x99 Extreme6ac in a Corsair 500R case. Can anyone recommend a cpu cooler? I started out using a Corsair H110i GT but it won't fit even though Corsair web site shows that it should be compatible. I cannot get the screw holes to line up. Anyone out there have the same problems? How did you solve this one?

Comments

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

strange.. it should work

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=117394

all of this builds have corsair H110 and 500r

https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/#h=67,319&e=10,14

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Still, it's worth mentioning that the H110i GT is a bad cooler. An NZXT X61 or Swiftech H240-X would be much better.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

agree... but he already has the H110. If he wants to change it then those are much better solutions.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

My concern with the X61 and H240-X is how easy it would be to mount in my case. Doing a search some people have said that they had to drill some holes to mount them which I really would like to avoid.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

They are all the same dimensions, so the H110i would be just as hard to mount as any other 280mm cooler. The Swiftech unit has the big reservoir, but it's on the bottom and shouldn't get in the way. Any case with proper support for a 280m radiator will work with any 280mm all in one.

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

I have one problem that has come up. My motherboard has one 2 4-pin fans headers. But I have 4 4-pin connectors to connect. I have thought about using a cable splitter but all of the ones I have found, one of the connectors has 3 pins. Any suggestions what I should do?

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, you were correct. After alot fiddling with it I was able to get the screw holes to line up, so I have it mounted with the fans on top, case in between and the cooler on the bottom. But I have one question, I have heard these terms used in configuring the H110i GT. What is push, pull or push/pull?

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

for push pull you need to have 4 exact fans. Two on one side will be pushing through the radiator and the other two will be pulling from the radiator. Air will be flowing in the same direction. This works better in thick radiators.

in push config you have 2 fans pushing air through the radiator..

in pull configuration the two fans will be pulling air from the radiator

whichever configuration you choose, air should be exhausted as it is mounted on top .....not intaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyC3lZ5WFMk

• 60 months ago
  • 0 points

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube