add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
bxx
  • 58 months ago

hi guy,i have a z77n, r9270, got a zalman cnps 8900 to replace the hyper 212 i had and did not fit was going over the pcie slot well guess what it goes over too am i doing something wrong because in both cases pcpart had no compatibility issues,pls help,thank you.

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Nothing is wrong, but that specific cpu cooler is pretty wide so it would slide over the pci-e slot. Just use the hyper 212 you had originally.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

If you changed from the Hyper 212 due to noise characteristics that you did not like, just change the fan.

• bxx
  • submitter
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

any suggestion on a cpu cooler that fits mobo and gpu i am of course on a budget thanks

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

State budget.

• bxx
  • submitter
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

$50.00 to $60.00

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

If you do not like the Hyper 212 Evo, another budget model is the CRYORIG H7 @ $34.50. If you are looking for smaller 92mm coolers, the Noctua NH-U9S with their excellent 92mm fan, may be of interest.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube