add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ram height clearance on a Cooler Master Hyper 212

• 60 months ago

Hello just a quick question for anyone who might know. My build list - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/13239/saved/2c6j4D or the Asus Z97-P ATX LGA1150 Motherboard and HyperX FURY Series 8GB DDR3 being the important parts for this question

will the hyper 212 block slot one on the asus z97-p using hyper x fury ram? whilst i do currently have another 3 slots i dont really want to loose a slot that I may use in future upgrades?

Comments

• 60 months ago
  • 2 points

The Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo's fan can be offset (raised a bit) for RAM clearance.

• 60 months ago
  • 2 points

We're assuming the you're meaning the 212 Evo.

That Mobo looks very similar to my Z97-A in terms of ram slot placement. I'd go so far as to say that they're probably the exact same. I'm using these G.Skill Ripjaws X and have a few mm to spare. I am able to place 2x8gb in the main channels without the need to remove the 212 Evo, but if I had a full board of ram, then I'd need to place the ram first, then 212 Evo second. It'll fit, but I'm not so sure that you could squeeze it under the cooler without problems. So basically, its 1 slightly covered ram slot and 3 fully uncovered.

GSkill Ripjaws Link for comparison

Cheers

• 60 months ago
  • 1 point

cheers guys ill go ahead and give it a go i think

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube