add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

cooler master hyper 212 evo size conflict (almost

Themanwhoneedsham
  • 57 months ago

HI! first off, thanks for going out of your way and clicking on this topic, it really means alot! Im currently working on a build, and i was planning on using the popular, cooler master hyper 212 evo , but after selecting it, pc part picker notified me that the dimensions were unknown, and that there could be conflict in size with the case/ram slots. upon further investigation, i find out that the cooler is vertically oriented, by that i mean it is sideways, or perpendicular to the motherboard. I then searched the internet FOR DAYS (and by days i mean minutes) and discovered that the height is 158.5 mm, while my case is 203 mm wide, and it has a side fan, upon even more internet searching. i discover that side fans are 25mm to 30mm long, on top of the mother board, and stand offs, leaving me with barely 2 mm of space, give or take . and i have my heart set on this case. SO. this leads to the question: can I and should I take out the side panel fan? or switch to a smaller/ differently oriented cooler? if i should switch the cooler, please leave a reccomendation below, my budget for one is 30$ give or take. once, again, THANK YOU. it means alot for your help.and i appreciate all helpful comments!

Comments

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

Just get a H7, its smaller, cools better, and is quieter.

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/cryorig-cpu-cooler-h7

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! ill take a look at it now!

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I looked into it, saw bechmarks, watched vids ect. This cooler looks great and im more than happpy to say im putting it on my part list! thanks!

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

What's the case? It should have a published max cpu cooler height, both with and without the side fan.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

It is the diypc ranger r4 b mid tower atx case.

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

Published CPU cooler height is 160mm it looks like, so you should be fine with a 212 evo (though I second the h7 suggestion anyways.) It doesn't say if it's with or without the side fan, but it looks like the CPU is placed high enough and to the left that the side fan isn't much of an issue. Granted, this build is the exhaust facing up, so it's all guesstimation as to doing it front to rear.

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/R3QV3C

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube