add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Water Cooling!

WastedPillow
  • 58 months ago

Quick check on water cooling build, everything compatible? ok? Great!

Now on to the tricky part..... How can I tell how much liquid I need to fill my system. I am going with a blue-build. I want a UV blue liquid for my system, not too hard. All the links to the parts can be found here: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvDxK8

2 Titan X/980 ti water blocks // Cpu water block // 2 quad 120mm rads (480mm) // and a 690ml Pump/Res Combo

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 3 points

Those case fans aren't good for what you get and have very weak static pressure which you don't want for a 60MM thick rad, especially the first pair,they are just awful. I would recommend this, it has over double the static pressure.

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/bitfenix-case-fan-bffsprop12025kkrp

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

He's right, you might as well not water cool. Or you could get less thick radiators?

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, thanks ... I've been meaning to change those out for a while, I'll do it right now

Any advice on fluid?

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I have no idea on fluid.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Kindly check Potential Issues / Incompatibilities

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

-_- really?

I'm custom cooling my system, Don't you see the part labeled "CPU block" that's the cooler. PcPP won't pick that up

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Around 2-3 hmmm I would like a better estimate because an extra liter is like $17~

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

What are you putting in there that costs $17 per litre?

Seeing that this is your first build (or at least I'm assuming judging by your questions), I really would not invest in fancy liquids such as nanofluid. Just distilled water combined with some PTNuke/kill coil should do perfectly fine.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Too late, I already ordered all the parts.

This isn't my first "Build" it is my first custom loop build though

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, al right then. Not that there is anything wrong with nanofluid, but since there is no real gain in terms of cooling performance when compared to distilled water...

Either way, good luck! Will you be posting the result?

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I've had people telling me to post the build, so why not.

I have received my case and graphics cards so far

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

Would I just be able to get a valve piece and put it on the res and just put tube on it every time I need to drain the system

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

For draining? Yes, you can put a valve with a stop piece for draining in your loop (I've done this on my build actually). Preferably put it as low as possible since water will always flow to the lowest point (although you can put it nearly anywhere and take advantage of the siphon effect).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube