add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Good CPU Cooler That Will Fit

silgo76
  • 58 months ago

I didn't read the fine print that the CPU I was buying was OEM. It didn't come with a stock cooler. I have an Intel Core I5 4690K LGA1150 CPU and a GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 motherboard. So first how do I know what cooler will fit and what are the brands to look for and what to avoid.

Comments

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points

around the 30s the best cooler would be the cryorig H7

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cryorig-cpu-cooler-h7

your case has a cpu clearance of 160mm so the H7 is perfectly fine..

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't see a TDP rating on it but I assume it can handle the 4690k which has an 88 watt TDP. Or does that even matter that much?

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points

Its better than the Evo 212 which is rated for around 180 TDP so you are fine, you generaly don't have to worry about that until you get the the FX 9XXX series or unless you are using a low profile cooler.

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points

exactly.... you should only worry with coolers rated for less, like the NH-l9i which is rated for a 65 watts tdp.

• 58 months ago
  • 2 points

You will in general want to avoid all Corsair coolers and all 120MM liquid coolers.

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

This website comes with a compatibility filter so make sure that is on, then you need to measure the space between the CPU and side of the case, then find out the size of the cooler and see if it fits, water coolers almost always fit as long as the radiator does but make sure to get a 240/280mm one. This is my recommendation for each budget: $25- Cryorig H7 $60- BeQuiet Dark rock pro 3 $100-Enermax Liquitech 240

• 58 months ago
  • 0 points

Hyper 212 EVO is never a bad choice though if space permits. It is a Tall Cooler. I had to remove the Fan off my Side Door to get the Case Closed after dropping one in to replace my Again Zalman Orb..

Fun Times !!

• 58 months ago
  • 3 points

Hyper 212 EVO is never a bad choice

but then the H7 came which is smaller and performs better and about the same price....

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube