add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Unsure of what to do with the middle screw (CoolerMaster hyper 212 evo)

Manok
  • 57 months ago

I've tried a few times to screw the middle peg into the hole at the bottom of the cooler, all of the videos I have seen say to put the bracket thing in the center peg, but do not elaborate on if I should screw this in or not. So my question is, it seems rather unstable without being screwed in, how, or what do I do with it?

Comments

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Leave it alone.

When correctly installed, there are only four spring-tension screws that requires tightening down.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

What is the one in the middle for?

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

You might break down and look at the Directions that came with the Cooler..

Ducks

If you place the Center Peg in prior to tightening the outside 4 tension screws life should be much easier, and I am pretty sure that is the way the Directions specify. If you are still having issues this afternoon I'll dig my Directions out..

The Center Peg is there to Make People Ask Questions !! Grin

Fun times !!

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

The instructions aren't real clear on which direction the fan should be placed, most videos I've seen the fan is facing the hard drive bays, should it be facing that direction or out of the back?

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Fan Direction is Based on the Air Flow needed in your Build. That is why it isn't covered in the Instructions Grin..

The Standard is as you mentioned.. To have the FAN itself on the Side Near the HD Bays and have the Air Flow from the Front Intake Side of the Case and Move Out the Rear Exhaust.. Most of the Time you will be Fine with it setup this way.

You can of course do different setups if your build needs due to size, or air flow needs.

Fun Times !!

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

i think the center 'screw' may be there just for alignment, not for screwing and if its in the hole, you're doing it right. then it should be stable when you tighten the four spring tension screws as warlock mentioned. i just put a 212+ in this past weekend.

youtube has some install videos that didn't seem bad.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube