add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair SP120 or SP140

tetsudo77
  • 57 months ago

Hi all,

So the specs on Corsair website indicate the SP140 have worse Airflow, Static Pressure, Sound Level yet they are more expensive? I'm considering either 2 SP120s or 2 SP140s to the front of Define R5 which a H100iGTX mounts on. I'm currently using the Noctua F12 iPPC 3--rpm pwm for the rad.

So which pair I should I get? Thank you.

Comments

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Neither. 140mm fans don't fit on an H100i GTX. You'll want BitFenix Spectre Pros or Phanteks 120MPs.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for replying but I want to set up a push-pull confiig with the Noctua fans doing the push. The pull fans will be screwed in the front panel of the Define R5. I'm setting 2 140mms R5 stock fan as pull.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

so you want front exhaust? bad idea. and really, don't get any of the corsair fans. the 140's are "quiet" edition only so performance isn't good. the high performance sp120's are loud as heck.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube