add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cooling for Corsair 250D

a.tunnard
  • 56 months ago

Hi

I want to move my computer into a 250D but I'm not sure where to go with cooling. The most important thing for me is the loudness followed by low temps. I often reach 100% cpu usage because of 3D graphics renders. I have an i7 4770k and I might overclock depending on the resulting loudness.

I see a lot of builds using the corsair h100i with this case but I dont know that I'd be satisfied with how loud it is, would it be worth replacing the fans with noctua ones? also to set this up could I use the dual radiator to pull air into the case and use the 140mm front and get an 80mm rear for exhaust to make sure the is plenty filtered air entering the case.

Would a noctua air heat-sink do a good enough job in this case with the tight space?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 2 points

I see a lot of builds using the corsair h100i with this case but I dont know that I'd be satisfied with how loud it is, would it be worth replacing the fans with noctua ones?

the pump is also noisy so you would be better with a nepton 240m and getting noctua NF-F12 fans. You could put a Noctua 140mm fan on the front and leave the rear without fans (air would be exhausted through the rear because of positive pressure).....

Would a noctua air heat-sink do a good enough job in this case with the tight space?

the noctua NH-U9S which is 125mm tall will surely fit without problems (even if corsair site says contrary..) this is a picture of the older version which is also 125mm tall install in the 250D

http://cdn.overclock.net/3/37/350x700px-LL-37c4669f_IMG_0217.jpeg

the NH-U9s will let you overclock lightly...

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

wow, I never looked into the cooler master cooler because it has poor reviews on the site I use (someone shorted their mobo using it) but looking at more reviews it makes you wonder why its not more popular!

So using the dual rad for input doesn't sound too stupid? I was slightly worried it might bring the whole system temp a little too high, i've no idea how much heat comes off the radiators.

• 56 months ago
  • 2 points

yep the cooler master is better than the H100i...... I would read through this forum

http://www.overclock.net/t/1466042/corsair-obsidian-250d-club

there are many configurations, some people say they have better results with the 240 rad as exhaust (not intake)... You would have to test different configurations to see which one works better for you...

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

awesome, thanks for the help

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

you're welcome!!! :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube