add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need some expert opinions thanks

XiKuma
  • 57 months ago

I have a his iceq hd 7950 boost. Most call the hd 7950 a 280, was wondering since its an old card if it can reach a performance level of 280 x when overclocked. Also since i have a locked i5 4590 on a h97 mobo if that holds me back overclocking my gpu? Its an old gpu and actually hard to get alot of info on... thanks

Comments

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Awsome link thank you. You have been a great help =)

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Also if i can overclock does it tax my psu alot more, or is the jump not to bad?

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

Increase can be minimal. With that said, you can decide if it is worth the bother: AnandTech

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

no. the 280x is a 7970 GHZ edition. the 7950 cant match it.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Im hoping the hd 7950 boost with a little overclock will get me by till next year. That will give the new gpu's time to show their faces. Thinking of jumping on a 380 though

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Ive read of the hd 7950 boost getting close to 7970 performance if it has the same pcb some of the newer ones do. Im not sure on mine though but seems watching youtube vids it should be fine for now.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

there are a couple 280 cards that overclocked very close to the reference design 280x performance mark. none can match one of the non reference designed 280x cards though

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube