add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Micro vs standard atx

XiKuma
  • 57 months ago

So im on a a budget and to get a better PSU i have to get the micro asrock h97m anniversary instead of the standard size. Question since im only going to be running one GPU, will this be basically the same mobo?

Comments

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

The ATX version has three more pci x1 slots, a trade for more USB 3.0 for less 2.0 ones for the rear IO, an LED power connector, and more fan connectors.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Well im going to run 3 devices with usb 2.0 , 3 fans and no led strips and 1 gpu. I have a hd7950 wanting to upgrade in a year or so to a r9 290 so trying to cut prrice on mobo to get a better psu

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812311001

You'll need something like that (or one of the other solutions, like a fan contoller,) but other than that, you'll be fine. =)

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks.. i decided to just stick with ATX instead of micro. Nice to know i can use those though. Im only going 3 fans one intake and two out, should be good enough for negative air pressure.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

If not done so already,

While you're waiting for your new mobo, you can download/read the mobo manual and current drivers from ASRock.

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

Are you referring to the H97 Anniversary?

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes thats the one

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

The voltage regulator circuit appears to be cheaper on the H97M. Make sure to purchase a good quality power supply and use a decent surge protector as well.

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply 12v@62amps or Antec gamer 620W 12v@48amps i cant pull the trigger on one its a 30 dollar difference. I only plan to ever run one gpu with a little overclock on gpu. Do you think the antec 620 will be plenty or is it sketchy? Ive looked at a million things on it but i know how crucial the psu is. 620 watts seems plenty and is a good psu with good reviews idk lol. I over think things alot. Im ordering monday some im last minute stressing

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Plus the antec fits my color scheme lol That truly doesnt matter but it does have some appeal.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube