add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Please help!!

XiKuma
  • 57 months ago

So i have an i5 4590 and have a couple questions. Would this cpu bottleneck a single r9 290x? Also would it bottleneck crossfire hd 7950s (R9 280)? Thank you.

Comments

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

No to both questions. The i5 performs quite well and will not bottleneck modern video cards even in a multi-GPU setup.

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

Well.... if the game you intend to play is already "bottle-necked" by the 4590... then yes. You see asking this question and expecting an answer is rather easy and difficult.

We can say no because the i5 is capable of unleashing the full potential of any single gpu consumer card out right now

It's difficult because if the game you play is heavily CPU bound... then the CPU can certainly "bottle-neck" the GPU because the GPU isn't/needing to be used to its full potential.

I'm going with FH100 here and saying no.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube