add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Should I get EVGA 750 G2 orEVGA 850 G2?

twiceboss

49 months ago

Im gonna go for single 980ti first, but then i also plan for upgrade it soon.

Whether next gen of nvidia card. Or perhaps add one more 980ti.

So,

This: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20850xr

OR

This: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20750xr

Comments

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

If it is between these two, you might as well go with the 850W PSU, especially since you would like to do upgrades in the future. It is better to have a PSU with more wattage than you need than to need more wattage than your PSU can provide.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

But actually im kinda wonder, SLI 980ti or single next gen nvidia card would be better. Hmm

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

You'd have to wait till the next gen NVidia card comes out with benchmarks to determine that. Trends have shown that dual sli of the previous gen surpasses a single card of the following gen. However, this could change with advances in technology.

Not too sure how reliable this is, but I have read a few interesting things in this: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2898175/nvidias-next-gen-pascal-gpu-will-offer-10x-the-performance-of-titan-x-8-way-sli.html

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Damn i hope it's true. Yeah with DX12 and else. Pascal can be a huge jump! Then "1080ti" will be the best choice

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

it will certainly not be true. these things never are.

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

for 1 980ti, 600 watts is fine BUT if you want to add an additional 980ti then you would need an 850 watts PSU. So if you are only planning on getting one 980ti, even the EVGA GS 650 would be more than enough..

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh, but I wanna overclock my CPU. Also GPU.

• 49 months ago
  • 3 points

even if you overclock, if you don't plan to add a second 980ti, 650 watts is enough!

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

no question the 850 if there's even the possibility of adding a second 980ti. if you are running AM3+, X99 and/or plan to oc the cpu/gpu(s), go for a 1000 watt (EVGA 1050 GS/1000P2/PS). for single gpu a good 650 watt like the 650 G2/P2 would be fine, even if you overclock.

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

If you plan to use SLI go for the 850. Overall these PSU's are great i have the 750. I am not going for the SLI in near future so this works for me. I had a bequiet PSU earlier, switching to EVGA was a good decision.

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, i just wonder how good is gtx980ti in SLI. Compare to the new generation which no one knows yet. :) but taking 850 will worth every penny for future build. Kinda torn here... Gonna buy them (my first rig with 980ti) in the mid of August. Really need to decide now xD

• 49 months ago
  • 2 points

I don't think I wwould be bothered by it what one is at the best price is what I would look at there I use seasonic psu's and they last me ?

how cheap or priced is the 850 g2 compared to the gs 850 ?? 15 buck difference at newegg ? I figure in 7 years I got my moneys worth any way eather way just stick with the 850's over the 750's that little extra amps can go a long way

• 49 months ago
  • 1 point

since G2 got many good rep. And yeah extra watt is good for future build. It can save every penny :)

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube