add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

2 WD blue hdd's vs 1 WD green hdd?

cmgroft
  • 57 months ago

I already have one blue and it is almost full. I use it manly for storing things like picture,music and games. Accessing them at a faster rate is important but not as much important as the space. Which of these do you think would be better for me considering the cost difference as well? Thank you

Comments

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

How are you going to be using the two Blue drives? I mean, is it going to be two 1TB Blue and a 2TB Green (or something like that), or will the Blue's be in RAID 0?

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Two 1tb blues or one 2tb green, thats what i would do unless something is better.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd say go with the two Blues unless money or SATA ports are of a concern. That will allow you to have two separate drives for your data, giving you some safety for the data if you use one to back the other up, even partially.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

If you have a lot of music, pictures and movies then I'd go for the Green and store them all on there. Games I'd put on the Blue so loading times aren't absolutely atrocious. The slower the drive the longer the loading times, faster the shorter.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah i know but i would put games and stuff like that one the 1tb i already have and the rest on the green.

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

1 WD green hdd

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube