add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cpu advice help!!

XiKuma
  • 56 months ago

So im having buyers remorse. This is my first build im still collecting parts i bought the i5 4590 and motherboard installed it in my new case, then been saving for m gpu. Well my friend upgraded his pc and i did my first overclock and loved it. I so would and will pay extra for a k version now. Only problem i dont know how or where to sell my current cpu and mobo and i already opened it and installed it. So here is my main question... if i keep this cpu, my gpu choices i have are the GTX 780ti or the GTX 970. I dont care about the price difference between them but wondering if the 780 ti will help get some extra fps over the 970. Not alot of benchmarks or videos with the i5 4590. Also any suggestions on how to sell my cpu and motherboard. Both brand new have everything that came with them and warranty. And boxes.

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 2 points

Don't worry about over-clocking... it's stupid and not really worth it.

if i keep this cpu, my gpu choices i have are the GTX 780ti or the GTX 970.

Get the 970, it's a better gpu.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks relief. I actually enjoyed overclocking. Just was scared it was a necessity with my cpu performance range.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry my question was a little everywhere. My english isn't great.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Im one of those gamers who will pay more for 5 to 10 fps. Hate stutters or anything that kills the gaming moment. Im coming from consoles so im worried the master race might disapoint me because im not spending 2000 on a pc. Wish i could though lol.To clarify the fps question i want to at least get 50 to 60 fps. Not sure i can with this cpu. If i can sell it i would rather do that before installing OS. 1080p btw

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube