add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Quiet Full ATX Case?

mstrmind820937
  • 56 months ago

Any recommendations for a quiet full atx case, that has decent cooling and enough space for about 8 hdd/ssd?

Thanks.

Comments

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

If you don't care to check out a mid tower look at the Fractal Design Define R5. Its optimized for quietness, also has tons of space for cooling and 8 HDD bays + 2 SSD slots on the back of the mobo tray.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

That is the one I've been looking at, but seeing as I'm currently using a R4, I don't know if I could justify it; but it could solve some issues in my current setup.

My system is loaded with 5 HDD's and 2 SSD's, so with the R4 I'm presently stuck with having to keep the two drive cages in place along with the optical bay - meaning restricted airflow.

I was thinking that a full tower would create greater breathing room, but the R5 is a great option to modify the setup with the front cages being modular.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube